Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ferris Bueller - Twist & Shout



Was thinking about John Hughes today. Sad he's dead.

This scene from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" -- Hughes' best film -- always struck me as particularly special. When I was 7, the sequence was simply unfiltered joy, and while it has taken on additional meanings* for me as I approach 30, it still makes me really happy.

*we know now that Ferris was simply Cameron's ideal self, existing in the introvert's imagination or perhaps actually expressed in reality as a parallel personality a la Tyler Durden in "Fight Club". (<-- "Fight Club" spoiler)

P.S. It is fun to imagine Barack and Michelle Obama dancing in the crowd, still a few years away from meeting each other.

1 comment:

El Clyne said...

One of my favorite movie scenes ever.