Monday, January 5, 2009

007: From Russia With Love (1963)



While not as ambitious as the "Dr. No" sequence we saw previously, I absolutely love this piece. The text is gorgeous. Lovely font, love the lowercase/uppercase, love the movement -- it's something you see Underworld and tomato doing now in their abstract music videos. and Danny Boyle uses this sort of text look in his credits. I'll post something later as an example. But yeah, you've got a sexy girl in this, but it's the dancing text that is the real draw. "From Russia With Love" FTW.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I don't know why the only thing I remember about this movie is the crazy old Russian lady with the poison spike in her shoe, and not ... this.

uncle shark said...

This is EXACTLY what's missing in the 007s. I want more boob tassel and less Daniel Craig.