Wednesday, January 14, 2009

R.I.P. Ricardo Montalban, 1920-2009

OPEN YOUR HEART



I WISH TO GO ON... HURTING YOU



FROM HELL'S HEART, I STAB AT THEE



UPDATE

Since his death this week I've been learning a lot about the life of Ricardo Montalban. He has an extremely rich back-story, starting out in Spanish films and then coming to Los Angeles to learn English and Public Speaking, working with legends like Lucille Ball, and of course Star Trek and Fantasy Island and the Naked Gun and more.

Also, it's just great to listen to him talk about anything. I could listen to Montalban read the dictionary.

The user has obnoxiously disabled embedding, but here is a clip of Ricardo Montalban receiving a lifetime achievement award for his contributions to an organization benefiting disabled persons. It includes tributes from William Shatner, Antonio Banderas, Aaron Spelling and Battlestar Galactica's Edward James Olmos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x39-hR5rGlc

Additionally, there's a five-part, extremely in-depth interview with Montabaln that can be accessed here. Again, embedding has been disabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b1xi414MLI&feature=channel

6 comments:

Sam Humphries said...

Somewhere in heaven, Ricardo and Heath are exchanging fist bumps.

:: Plays "Crossroads" by Bone Thugs 'n Harmony ::

El Clyne said...

RIP, KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

<3

El Clyne said...

Great tribute, Andy.

Jon said...

I just said it over twitter, but I don't care. His ... was superior.

Sam Humphries said...

Khan was a stone cold player.

andy khouri said...

I will give 50 bucks to the person who videotapes himself having sex with saying to their partner, "From Hell's heart... I STAB AT THEE."