Monday, January 12, 2009

Pet Shop Boys: Minimal



This is one of Steph's and my favorite music videos. I think it's basically flawless, and fits the song gorgeously. While the music isn't exactly minimal. the lyrics define minimalism -- which is not to say the lyrics are actually minimal, but rather that the song is about the beauty of minimalism as an aesthetic.

I post it now because I'm doing some redecorating, and the video has inspired my approach to one section of my apartment.

Pet Shop Boys: pop music for art students and intellectuals.

2 comments:

Jon said...

If I were a man who wanted to get into the Pet Shop Boys, what would you suggest I get? They seem to have had a lot of albums. (I had a lot of success with that one New Order collection)

*stepho* said...

omg LOVE this video..never get sick of it. the dancing is amazing.