Friday, April 17, 2009

Little Big Cremaster 4

This post is basically for me and Mego. Little Big Planet is a video game where you can create levels to play; I don't fully understand it. But someone has gone to great lengths to create a Little Big Planet level based on Cremaster 4.

If you don't know what the Cremaster Cycle is, it is a series of five movies created by Matthew "Mr. Bjork" Barney that have lavish production values yet are almost completely unwelcoming to the viewer. They are stunning, expensive, nearly free of dialog, audacious, featureing hard core punk bands, amputees, vast amounts of Vaseline, and Barney himself in multiple roles including a goat-man and serial killer; they are nigh-impossible to understand, pretentious, occasionally 3 hours long, and...well, this is basically a post for me and Mego.



There is another, lesser level based on Cremaster 1 here.

5 comments:

beetleginny said...

holyfuckthisisamazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Humphries said...

I KNOW RIGHT???

I didn't know you've been Cremastexperienced.

yeeknauwshamon said...

WINWINWINWINWINWIN

andy khouri said...

This is much, much, much better than the actual Cremasturbation cycle.

Jon said...

I watched one of the parts waaaay back in the day with Mr. Culver, and despite having had literally years to chew on it, I still have no idea what the fuck it was doing. This is pretty impressive!